MCE-5: Machine Reliability Training 2018 – Save the Date
The Conclusion of the AMT Academy-2018
Hosted by Toyota Motor North America: Toyota is the original developer of the AMT, AMB and AME Programs; of the Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways; and is the co-founder of FAME, the Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education.
Purpose of the Academy
• Provide professional development training for new staff (employers, education, and others) at existing programs and at new programs that are starting.
MCE-5: Machine Reliability Training
• Conclude the teaching of the 5 Manufacturing Core Exercises (the main Academy in July only has time to teach the first 4)
• MCE-5 teaches a practice for machines and systems which:
– Lengthens MTBF (Mean-Time-Between Failure)
– Prepares more effective back-up when failure does occur
– Teaches a disciplined, problem-solving approach for sustained machine operation
– Uses a Reliability Centered Maintenance approach focusing on Failure Mode Analysis
Who should attend?
• AMT-designated faculty at new and existing programs. Providing the AMT Program is very different than providing traditional college education and cannot be effectively done without the training to do so.
• MCE-5 is most effective for those who have attended the 4 prior MCE’s, especially MCE-3: Lean Manufacturing for Maintenance, and MCE-4: Problem Solving.
• Employer sponsors of AMT students can also send appropriate employees for this high quality training.
DAY 1 (Dec. 12) Topics include:
• Overview: Lean Manufacturing, MCE-3 principles
• Current Maintenance Issues, Practices, and Problems
• What is Failure Mode Analysis (FMEA)?
• Proactive tools that use FMEA
• Reliability Centered Maintenance
• Maintenance Network
• First hands-on project
DAY 2 (Dec. 13) Topics include:
• Second Project: The Manufacturing Simulator
• Simulator Introduction
• Simulator operational history
• MCE-5 and FMEA analysis project
• MCE-5 Report preparation
• Team Report Out using team-built MCE-5 project charts
There is no cost for registration. Materials are provided by the Academy. Attendees are responsible for their own travel, lodging, and food costs. Daily lunch will be on your own (1 hour break).
To be provided after determination of location
Registration is not yet available. If you have an interest in attending this event please fill out an interest form by clicking below. We will send you an information packet, inform you as soon as the location has been determined, and at the appropriate time will inform you that the registration form is online and ready so that you can actually sign-up to attend.