2018 Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways/AMT Program Conference
The Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways/AMT Conference will be held May 14-16 in San Antonio, Texas. May 14 is the travel-in day, with the main conference on the 15th and 16th.
The AMCP/AMT Conference is intended primarily for:
– Providers of the AMT program and its follow-on AMB (Business) and AME (Engineer) Program
– Employers of FAME (the organization for companies which sponsor students in these programs)
– College and University Partners which provide the academic elements of the programs
– Economic Development and other prime stakeholder partners
– Attending AMT/AMB/AME students to enhance their development
AMT, the “root” program, is a nationally standardized program driven by employers to produce the global best technician. Achieving true global best is a challenging target that requires hard work, teamwork, and a vibrant network among employers, providers, and supporting organizations. Those in the network keep up with the latest developments and the best practices through the conference. A go-and-see experience at AMT sites enables educators who provide the academic program and the manufacturers to see and understand what other programs are doing. Providers (employers and schools) take a go-and-see approach to enable educators to experience and understand the successes of other programs, thus supporting the elevation of standards and best practices for all programs.
Read the full explanation of the important role of the Conference in program development here. “Purpose of the Conference”
This year’s conference will feature:
– Welcome Reception (location to be determined)
– The Parade of Programs | Presentations by the attending teams of each AMT program, reporting the status, practices, and highlights of their local programs
– Go-and See Benchmarking of the TXFAME-Alamo chapter’s College Partner, offering a close-up of the program, campus, students, faculty, and signature AMT practices
– Best Practice Highlights | Selected presentations from the best practices nationally
– College Partner Round Table for attendees from the AMT College Partners
– Economic Development Round Table for those driving local economies
– Employer networking for attendees from the collaborating FAME companies in the AMT and AMB Programs
– Future Direction and Development for the North American AMT Program
– Updates on AMB (Business) and AME (Engineering) programs
– Diversity session on strengthening female retention and success in the AMT Program
– AMT Skills Competition, hosted by the Hoffman Group, with prizes!
– Additional Highlights, to be determined and announced as planning progresses
Each active AMT program is expected to send:
– Representatives from the local FAME* and/or manufacturers’ group. Seeing how other programs are operated and managed will help employers drive their own local program
– Key program representatives from the College and University Partners providing the academic portion of the AMT Program, including AMT faculty and school leadership responsible for effectively implementing the program
– AMT students (3-4, more by request) from each program to both facilitate their own development and to also take their learning back to their fellow AMT students and local plant management
– AMB and AME students from established programs to also facilitate their further development and to take their learning back to their respective programs.
Additional value-added attendees include:
– Attendees from key organizations which either provide important services to the AMT program or which benefit from the outcomes of the AMT program.
– Attendees from government and education organizations, such as economic development and departments of education with a key interest in AMT and its outcomes.
– Attendees from research organizations wishing to connect with an innovative, results-producing program which may help to strengthen American education.
– Manufacturers or manufacturing organizations which may be interested in adopting the AMT model.
*FAME is the Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education, the collaborative group of employers which directly support the AMT Program.
Registration is not yet available. If you have an interest in attending this event please fill out an interest form by clicking below. We will inform you when the registration form is online and ready so that you can actually sign-up to attend. We may also reach out if there are significant developments/announcements prior to the conference.