2018 Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways/AMT Program Conference
The Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways/AMT Conference will be held May 14-16 in San Antonio, Texas. May 14 is the travel-in day, with the main conference on the 15th and 16th.
The AMCP/AMT Conference is intended primarily for:
– Providers of the AMT program and its follow-on AMB (Business) and AME (Engineer) Program
– Employers of FAME (the organization for companies which sponsor students in these programs)
– College and University Partners which provide the academic elements of the programs
– Economic Development and other prime stakeholder partners
– Attending AMT/AMB/AME students to enhance their development
AMT, the “root” program, is a nationally standardized program driven by employers to produce the global best technician.
Read the full explanation of the important role of the Conference in program development here. “Purpose of the Conference”
This year’s conference will feature:
– An optional Workforce Summit on Monday which addresses many of the key issues which FAME/AMT addresses through the skilled talent pipeline
– Welcome Reception at the Drury Plaza Hotel on the Riverwalk.
– The Parade of Programs | Presentations by the attending teams of each AMT program, reporting the status, practices, and highlights of their local programs
– Go-and See Benchmarking of the TXFAME-Alamo chapter’s College Partner (St. Philip’s College), offering a close-up of the program, campus, students, faculty, and signature AMT practices
– Best Practice Highlights | Selected presentations from the best practices nationally
– College Partner Round Table for attendees from the AMT College Partners
– Economic Development Round Table for those driving local economies
– Employer networking for attendees from the collaborating FAME companies in the AMT and AMB Programs
– Future Direction and Development for the North American AMT Program
– Updates on AMB (Business) and AME (Engineering) programs
– Diversity session on strengthening female retention and success in the AMT Program
– AMT Skills Competition, with prizes sponsored by the Hoffman Group!
– Additional Highlights, to be determined and announced as planning progresses
Each active AMT program is expected to send:
– Representatives from the local FAME* and/or manufacturers’ group. Learning how other programs are operated and managed will help employers drive their own local program.
– Key program representatives from the College and University Partners, including AMT faculty and school leadership responsible for effective program implementation.
– AMT students (4 or more) from each program to both facilitate their own development and to also take their learning back to their fellow AMT students and local company management
– AMB students from established programs to also facilitate their further development and to take their learning back to their respective programs.
Additional value-added attendees include:
– Attendees from key organizations which either provide important services to the AMT program or which benefit from the outcomes of the AMT program.
– Attendees from government and education organizations, such as economic development and departments of education with a key interest in AMT and its outcomes.
– Attendees from research organizations wishing to connect with an innovative, results-producing program which may help to strengthen American education.
– Manufacturers or manufacturing organizations which may be interested in adopting the AMT model.
*FAME is the Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education, the collaborative group of employers which directly support the AMT Program.
Please click the button below to register for the conference.
There is no official hotel for the conference this year. The Workforce Summit on Monday, May 14, is based at the Drury Plaza Hotel on the Riverwalk, as is the FAME/AMT Conference welcome reception. The Drury is offering excellent rates for attendees, as are a number of other hotels. Please click the button below for a list of hotels and key amenities.
Click here to download a map to St. Philips College Southwest Campus.
Feature: The San Antonio Riverwalk!
Many conference attendees will be staying on the famous Riverwalk, and there will be planned after-hour activities there. It’s amazing! To explore the Riverwalk and its many aspects please follow this link: www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com