2017 Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways/AMT Program Conference
The Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways/AMT Conference will be held May 15-17 in Florence, Kentucky.
The AMCP-AMT Conference is intended primarily for:
– Providers of the AMT program and its follow-on AMB (Business) and AME (Engineer) Program
– Employers of FAME (the organization for companies which sponsor students in these programs)
– College and University Partners which provide the academic elements of the programs
– Economic Development and other prime stakeholder partners
– Nominated AMT/AMB/AME students to enhance their development
AMT, the “root” program, is a nationally standardized program driven by employers to produce the global best technician. Achieving true global best is a challenging target that requires hard work, teamwork, and a vibrant network among employers, providers, and supporting organizations. Those in the network keep up with the latest developments and the best practices through the conference. A go-and-see experience at AMT sites enables educators who provide the academic program and the manufacturers to see and understand what other programs are doing. Providers (employers and schools) take a go-and-see approach to enable educators to experience and understand the successes of other programs, thus supporting the elevation of standards and best practices for all programs.
Read the full explanation of the important role of the Conference in program development here. “Purpose of the Conference”
This year’s conference will feature:
– Welcome Reception at the hotel on May 15.
– The Parade of Programs! Presentations by the attending teams of each AMT program, reporting the status, practices, and highlights of their local programs.
– Go-and See Benchmarking of the KY FAME/Northern Kentucky chapter’s College Partner, offering a close-up of the program, campus, students, faculty, and signature AMT practices.
– Best Practice Highlights. Selected presentations from the best practices nationally.
– College Partner Round Table for attendees from the AMT College Partners.
– Economic Development Round Table for those driving local economies.
– Employer networking for attendees from the collaborating FAME companies in the AMT and AMB Programs.
– Future Direction and Development for the North American AMT Program.
– Updates on AMB (Business) and AME (Engineering) programs.
– Diversity session on strengthening female retention and success in the AMT Program.
– The KY FAME NASCAR race car, driver Garrett Smithley, and his thoughts on a winning program.
– For FAME Employer groups, a special highlight session featuring the comprehensive AMT management activity of the Northern Kentucky chapter. Want to see how to do it? Don’t miss this session.
– KY FAME Summit 2017, on Monday before the conference. Conference attendees are invited to observe this annual event for the state that now has 10 AMT programs. Economic development professionals, educators and employers all will benefit. Find out more about KY FAME here.
Each active AMT program is expected to send:
– Representatives from the local FAME* and/or manufacturers’ group. Seeing how other programs are operated and managed will help employers drive their own local program.
– Key program representatives from the College and University Partners providing the academic portion of the AMT Program, including AMT faculty and school leadership responsible for effectively implementing the program.
– AMT students (3-4, more by request) from each program to both facilitate their own development and to also take their learning back to their fellow AMT students and local plant management.
– AMB and AME students from established programs to also facilitate their further development and to take their learning back to their respective programs.
Additional value-added attendees include:
– Attendees from key organizations which either provide important services to the AMT program or which benefit from the outcomes of the AMT program.
– Attendees from government and education organizations, such as economic development and departments of education with a key interest in AMT and its outcomes.
– Attendees from research organizations wishing to connect with an innovative, results-producing program which may help to strengthen American education.
– Manufacturers or manufacturing organizations which may be interested in adopting the AMT model.
*FAME is the Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education, the collaborative group of employers which directly support the AMT Program.
General Conference Registration Cost: $35
Direct AMCP/AMT Participants: No cost (See below to determine if you qualify.)
You are a direct AMCP/AMT Program Participant if you meet any of the following criteria:
– Active AMT/AMB/AME student.
– Employee of an active AMT/AMB/AME student sponsoring company.
– Employee of a company that is an active member of a FAME chapter.
– Faculty/Staff/Administration of an AMT College Partner institution.
– Faculty/Staff/Administration of an AMB/AME University Partner institution.
– Employee of a SUPPORTING or ASSOCIATE member organization of a FAME chapter.
The Hilton at Cincinnati Airport in Florence, Kentucky is the 2017 host hotel. All available rooms at the Hilton have now been booked, however.
Additional rooms for the conference can be reserved at the Hampton Inn at 7393 Turfway Rd, Florence, KY 41042, the overflow accommodation. You’ll like it because it is just walk across the parking lot to the Hilton.
Conference attendees can reserve rooms by clicking HERE.