AMT Live! – Save the Date
February 21, 2018: Wednesday / 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM / Cost: $25
A Go-and-See visit to a working Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program.
• Visit the “Advanced Manufacturing Center,” the special open learning environment and a signature element of the AMT Program.
• Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways/AMT Program overview
• Engage directly with employers of the FAME collaborative; the AMT students that they sponsor; the faculty and staff of the College Partner; and key supporting organizations such as Project Lead The Way, and Northwood University.
• Panel Discussion with employers, students, and educators.
• Learn about the groundbreaking work of the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development, a key force in making the FAME Program a state-wide initiative and the leading state for leveraging what many consider to be a national best-practice program.
Purpose of this Go-and-See Visit
• Provide attendees a thorough understanding of the program and its operational dynamics from an on-the-ground level.
• Illustrate the 3-Core college curriculum of:
› Technology – multiskilled technical foundation in electricity, fluid power, mechanics, fabrication, and troubleshooting
› Professional Behaviors – Attendance, Initiative, Diligence, Interpersonal Relations, Teamwork, and Communication.
› Competitive Practices – Safety Culture, Visual Workplace Organization, Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving, and Machine Reliability
• Provide valuable benchmarking information for locations considering a start of the AMT Program and the Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways.
• Clearly illustrate the difference between this program – focused on fully developing global-beset graduates for the business competitive workplace of the future – and traditional educational programs which are primarily focused on teaching technology.
• Understand how the AMT program impacts some of the key problems with which economic/workforce developers struggle, such as demonstrating to potential new businesses that this program can solve concerns with finding and sustaining a skilled workforce.
1 day – Wednesday, February 21, 2018
The Go-and-See visit starts at 8:30 AM EDT and ends at 3 PM, with a working lunch. Attendees begin arriving at 8:00 AM.
Who should attend?
• Employers interested in developing a new strategy to solve these key problems:
› Not enough skilled workers to hire to sustain the company workforce.
› Skilled new-hires who are not adequately trained and are not work-ready.
› Concerns about replacing an aging skilled workforce that is nearing retirement.
• Employers interested in adopting a career pathways system that can support key talent needs, including technical/skilled workforce and the engineering workforce, provide stronger manufacturing/technical based business education development, and HR solutions for providing development opportunities for the incumbent workforce.
• Economic/workforce developers looking for a long-term solution to concerns about providing a skilled workforce to current and potential future employers.
• Educators who are interested in partnering with employers with a nationally renowned education program.
• Educators who are interested in partnering with employers in a powerful integrated career pathway system.
$25 per attendee. Participants pay their own travel and lodging.
8:00 – 8:30 AM | Arrival and informal greetings.
8:30 – 9:00 AM | Welcome, Introductions, and Overview of the Day
9:00 – 10:00 AM | Advanced Manufacturing/AMT Program Overview
10:00 – 10:50 AM | Structured Tours of the Advanced Manufacturing Center
10:50 – 11:00 AM | Break
11:00 AM – 12:00 noon | Panel Discussion: Employers & Educators
12:00 noon-12:45 PM | Lunch with Open Q & A
12:45 – 1:30 PM | Panel Discussion: AMT Students
1:30 – 2:00 PM | Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways Sustainment System
2:00 – 2:30 PM | The KY FAME Story: A State Takes It All the Way
2:30 -3:00 PM | Open Discussion/Q & A
3:00 PM | End
Registration is not yet available. If you have an interest in attending this event please fill out an interest form by clicking below. We will send you an information packet, inform you as soon as the location has been determined, and at the appropriate time will inform you that the registration form is online and ready so that you can actually sign-up to attend.