AMT Live! (Alabama)
February 27, 2019: Wednesday / 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM CST / Cost: $25 / Registration
Purpose of AMT Live!
• Provide attendees a thorough understanding of the program and its operational dynamics from an on-the-ground level, face-to-face with employers, students, educators, and supporting organizations.
• Illustrate the 3-Core college curriculum of:
– Technology – multiskilled technical foundation in electricity, fluid power, mechanics, fabrication, and troubleshooting
– Professional Behaviors – Attendance, Initiative, Diligence, Interpersonal Relations, Teamwork, and Communication
– Competitive Practices – Safety Culture, Visual Workplace Organization, Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving, and Machine Reliability
• Provide valuable benchmarking information for locations considering a start of the AMT Program and the Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways.
• Clearly illustrate the difference between this program – focused on fully developing global-best graduates for the business competitive workplace of the future – and traditional educational programs which are primarily focused on teaching technology courses.
• Understand how the AMT program impacts some of the key problems with which economic/workforce developers struggle, such as demonstrating to potential new businesses that this program can solve concerns with finding and sustaining a skilled workforce.
1 day – Wednesday, February 27, 2019
The Go-and-See visit starts at 8:30 AM CST and ends at 3 PM, with a working lunch. Attendees begin arriving at 8:30 AM.
Who should attend?
• Employers interested in developing a new strategy to solve these key problems:
– Not enough skilled workers to hire to sustain the company workforce.
– Skilled new-hires who are not adequately trained and are not work-ready.
– Concerns about replacing an aging skilled workforce that is nearing retirement.
• Employers interested in adopting a career pathways system that can support key talent needs, including technical/skilled workforce and the engineering workforce, provide stronger manufacturing/technical based business education development, and HR solutions for providing development opportunities for the incumbent workforce.
• Economic/workforce developers looking for a long-term solution to concerns about providing a skilled workforce to current and potential future employers.
• Educators who are interested in partnering with employers with a nationally renowned education program.
• Educators who are interested in partnering with employers in a powerful integrated career pathway system.
$25 per attendee. Participants pay their own travel and lodging.
8:30 – 9:00 AM | Gather/Greet/Network/Coffee & Snacks
9:00 – 10:00 AM | The Problem & FAME/AMT Program Overview
10:00 – 10:50 AM | Structured Tours of the Advanced Manufacturing Center
10:50 – 11:00 AM | Break
11:00 AM – 12:00 noon | Panel Discussion: Employers & Educators
12:00 noon-12:45 PM | Lunch with Open Q & A
12:45 – 1:30 PM | Panel Discussion: AMT Students
1:30 – 2:00 PM | FAME Career Pathway Development System
2:00 – 2:30 PM | The AL FAME Story: The Model of the Future Captures the Heart of Dixie
2:30 -3:00 PM | Open Discussion/Q & A
3:00 PM | End