The AMT Academy 2018 – Save the Date
Hosted by Toyota Motor North America: Toyota is the original developer of the AMT, AMB, and AME Programs, of the Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways, and is the co-founder of FAME, the Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education.
PURPOSE OF THE ACADEMY
• Provide professional development training for new staff (employers, education, and others) at existing programs
• Provide professional development training for staff (employers, education, and others) at new programs that are starting.
• Provide “How to” start-up training for new locations that will be starting the AMT Program.
• Teach the first four of the Competitive Competencies: The Manufacturing Core Exercises, for new AMT-designated faculty and other program staff at any program, and for those who will be certifying to teach the MCE’s.
• Provide consultation on any aspect of the program during the period of the Academy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Employer leaders of FAME collaboratives. Employers are the leaders of the program and are responsible to ensure that supporting college partners and others provide the needed educational program and other services.
• AMT-designated faculty at new and existing programs. Providing the AMT Program is very different than providing traditional college education and cannot be effectively done without the training to do so.
• The key leaders through Dean level directly responsible for providing the AMT Program at our college partners.
WEEK 1: July 23-27 | Topics include (partial listing):
• Overview of the Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways
• AMT Program Overview
• The FAME Manufacturing Collaborative
• AMT Recruiting and Selection
• Establishing the Advanced Manufacturing Center, the learning environment for the AMT Program
• The AMT Professional Behaviors
• Assessing the Program
• How to start an AMT Program
WEEK 2: July 30-August 3 | Topics include:
• Competitive Competencies: The Manufacturing Core Exercises
• Safety Culture – Developing an internal value and drive for safety. (1 day)
• Lean Manufacturing for Skilled Maintenance – Practices for quality driven, efficient organizations. (2 days)
• Visual Workplace Organization – Efficient organization for safety, quality, productivity, and cost. (1 day)
• Problem Solving – How to efficiently, thoroughly, and continuously countermeasure workplace problems. (1 day)
No cost for registration. Materials are provided by the Academy. Attendees are responsible for their own travel, lodging, and food costs. Daily lunch will be on your own (1 hour break).
To be provided
Registration is not yet available. If you have an interest in attending this event please fill out an interest form by clicking below. We will inform you when the registration form is online and ready so that you can actually sign-up to attend. We may also reach out if there are significant developments/announcements prior to the conference.